Friday, December 18, 2009

Matthew's Little Angel

My cousin Matthew recently passed away after a tragic car accident and a courageous fight for his life in the hospital. Matt is described as a "free spirit" and that is exactly what he was---and that is exactly what I see in his beautiful son, Elias Matthew. I cannot pinpoint why exactly, but I see so much of Matt in Eli. I don't know if it is the way he is built, or his eyes or other features, but when I look at Eli...I see Matt. Maybe that is why I so badly wanted to photograph little Eli while he was on a visit to his grandma and grandpa's. Everyone who knew Matt has a hard time grasping that he is gone...and our hearts ache. Being around Eli brings Matt back in some way---knowing that someone Matt loved so dearly was with us and yet he is someone who isn't surrounded by grief and mourning, but is happy, content and joyous. If there is any person who can bring any hope into a tragedy, it is a child. He is so full of life and the wonder of a two-year old ready to explore the world. As tired as I was trying to get him to look my direction for his pictures, I am so thankful I had the opportunity to spend some time with him. Eli is a gift.











Mischievous little doggie!! Too cute, though!!!




































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love those first two!!! His eyes have such depth to them. They have a look of wisdom and experience somehow. He has beautiful features!

Labels

Followers