Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ahhh.....refreshed.

My children are so awesome, but sometimes you don't know how awesome they are until you take a day or two away and you start to realize how sweet they are. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa my husband and I were able to get away yesterday and within two hours we both looked at each other and said "I miss them!" But what a blessing it is to get away. I feel so refreshed and ready to face the upcoming week. When we arrived home, one of our boys ran to me with open arms and gave me the longest hug I have ever received from him. The other hardly noticed I came home. But that is ok, what is important is that absence does in fact make the heart grow fonder and my heart is sure fond of my boys! When Grandma and Grandpa left, the tantrums began and there was a lot of naptime resistance. But after two days of sipping grande mochas at Biggby, good talks, and reading the newspaper---actually more than two sentences like I normally do, I was ready to face it with new energy....caffinated energy, no less.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Glad you got a break!

Labels

Followers